Thursday, January 22, 2015

Craving the Nineties

The entire season of 'Friends' recently appearing on Netflix. Hindsight on Vh1. Everything you see in Forever 21. Seem Familiar?That's right; it's the nineties!

It's like my childhood all over again! And yes, we did all see it coming even before Iggy Azalea's Clueless Tribute... I was slow to accept it because well let's face it, there were some fashion trends that called for eyeball bleach. Luckily, I haven't seen any colorblocked tracksuits making a comeback, so there seems to be hope that maybe we can do it a little better this time if fashion history is to repeat itself. 

The People Who Make the Decisions (In this case I think I'm blaming Mary-Kate & Ashley) sure are feeling rather reminiscent for the era of jelly shoes and flannel shirts. The upside here is that I get to feel like I'm an appropriate age to enjoy all the things (and get the jokes) I missed out on for "being too young" back then. But this time, we have iPhones. Still not entirely sure about whether or not that's a good thing; I have a lot of embarrassing moments that are now all that much easier to capture and share. 

 So what do you think? Did you miss the furry coats and crop tops, or are you just longing for something new? Am I only seeing what I want to see? Tell me your piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment